Have you thought about finding some great Happy Valentine’s Day 2020 Quotes to impress that special someone?
You’ve been planning for a while on just the right Valentine’s Day gift for your special someone. What to buy? Flowers? Candy? Diamonds? An engagement ring?
Many star-struck lovers choose to propose on Valentine’s Day. A new survey shows almost half of millennials between ages 25 and 34 who are thinking about getting married choose Valentine’s Day to propose to their significant other.
But have you stopped to think that your message is as important as your gift? It’s time to stop stressing about that perfect gift and start thinking about what to say.
Valentine’s Day is special for people of all ages. It’s a time to profess your love with boldness and authenticity. For many of us, it’s hard to find the right words to express how we feel.
What you need to say has probably been said in poems, songs, movies, on social media.
Here are some Happy Valentine’s Day 2020 quotes that are sure to score points and create some word magic.
Quotes from Poems
Many great lines have been penned by poets famous and unknown. Poets can bring words together to say just the right thing. Their words inspire the soul and surrender the heart.
Traditionally, Valentine’s Day is the time for writing love poetry. If you have a hard time putting rhymes together, here is a great site for finding romantic poetry.
Read on for some Happy Valentine’s Day 2020 quotes that speak to the heart.
- “Each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” Rosemond Gerard
- “Grow old with me. The best is yet to be.” Robert Browning
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest and most beautiful person I have ever known. And even that is an understatement.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “You are always new, the last of your kisses was ever the sweetest.” John Keats
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where ‘I’ does not exist, nor ‘you’, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.” Pablo Neruda
Quotes by famous people
When its hard to find the words to express your love, its good to know there are many quotes from well-known people to help you express your feelings.
Read this blog post about 100 famous quotes to be inspired. You may find just the right Happy Valentine’s Day 2020 quotes to get the holiday off to a good start.
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” Judy Garland
- “With our love, we could save the world.” George Harrison
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” Audrey Hepburn
- “The reget in my life is that I have not said I love you enough.” Yoko Ono
- “I love you. I am at rest with you. I have come home.” Dorothy Sayers
- “If I could be anything in the world, I would want to be a teardrop. Because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.” Author Unknown
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Herman Hesse
Quotes from Love Songs
Ready for some heart-wrenching, tear-jerking lyrics?
Whether your thing is country, rock, R&B, alternative, or the classics, we all love to sing along with our favorite songs. Many great love songs have been recorded in every generation.
Research has found that music affects mood and emotions. So if you are planning a romantic date this Valentine’s Day, make sure you bring your playlist of favorite love songs.
Songs are like poems set to music. You can find some great Happy Valentine’s Day quotes for 2020 in musical lyrics. Here are a few of our favorite lyrics that will have you singing along. Some are old school and others are more modern tunes.
- “Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you.” The Air that I Breathe – The Hollies
- “I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don’t be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you for a thousand more.” Christina Perri, A Thousand Years
- “Say you’ll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you want me with you, here beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go, too. Love me, that’s all I ask of you.” Andrew Lloyd Webber, All I Ask of You
- “I like the way your eyes dance when you laugh. And how you enjoy your two-hour bath. And how you convinced me to dance in the rain with everyone watching like we were insane. But I love the way you love me. Strong and wild. Slow and easy. Heart and soul. So completely
I love the way you love me.” John Michael Montgomery, I Love the Way You Love Me
- “I cross my heart and promise to give all I’ve got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you’ll never find a love as true as mine.” George Strait, I Cross My Heart
- “Treated me kind. Sweet destiny. Carried me through desperation to the one that was waiting for me. It took so long. Still, I believed somehow the one that I needed would find me eventually. I had a vision of love.
And it was all that you’ve given to me.” Mariah Carey, Vision of Love
Quotes from Movies
How can we forget the powerful words spoken from movie screens that have inspired millions across time and space?
They come in handy when we need to show just how much we care.
Movie scripts are a great place to find the perfect Valentine’s Day quotes for 2020 and spark romance for your holiday. Here are a few memorable lines from movies that sizzle and add flair to your sweet nothings.
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love…I love…I love you.” – Pride and Prejudice
- “Listen to me, mister. You’re my knight in shining armor. Don’t forget it.” — On Golden Pond
- “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.” — 50 First Dates
- “I vow to seriously love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.” – The Vow
- “I love that after I spend a day with you I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night….when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”–When Harry Met Sally
- “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” –Dirty Dancing
Social media is the new hot spot for telling your sweetie “I love you”. Your Happy Valentine’s Day love quotes will be shared on many platforms across cyberspace.
Maybe your message will be the one to go viral this year. Here are some picks from Pinterest and other sites.
- “I know there’s lots of fish in the sea, but you’re my Nemo.” – Pinterest
- “I have fallen in love many times, always with you.” Pinterest
- “I love you like a fat kid loves cake.” 50 cent
- “My name sounds even cuter with your last name added to it.” Pinterest
- “You are my bucket list.” Pinterest
- “Just keep loving me. I’ll keep loving you. And the rest will fall into place.” lovehispic.om
Quotes for Long Distance Lovers
Nothing is more painful than being separated from your love when everywhere you look, lovebirds are cuddling and sharing special time together. Everything you do, see or hear reminds you they’re far away.
Let’s face it, its tough. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are some quotes to let them know you care, even if you can’t be together.
- “If you listen to the wind very carefully, you’ll be able to hear me whisper my love for you.” – Andrew Davidson
- “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.”– Doug Fetherling
- “When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and no other love can break them apart. – Anon
- “I can’t text you roses or fax you my heart. I’d email you kisses, but we’d still be apart. I love you to pieces, and just wish you’d see that I care for you so much because you mean the world to me.” -Mahmoud El Hallab
More Ideas for Happy Valentine’s Day 2020
As you make plans to remember your special someone this Valentine’s Day, consider sending them Happy Valentine’s Day quotes, special wishes, text or images that express your feelings.
We can help you get the right message across.
Does your special someone have a birthday coming up? You can check out our birthday wishes page where you can find custom birthday messages.
Contact us here to get help creating a heartfelt, personalized message for Valentine’s Day and other special occasions.